Installation and Finished Product
The card we are going to be testing the AC Accelero Extreme Plus II on is the vanilla eVGA GTX 470 from my spare PC.
Here is the 470 all stripped and ready for the new cooler. Something to note, the white stuff still on the RAM chips are from the original tube of thermal adhesive. I have a couple more GPU coolers coming soon, so we will see how this new G-1 is to remove too.
Using the pads that come in the VR003 kit, I applied them to the card and I am now ready to install the cooler.
The cooler installs with three screws and you've got to be gentle as the threads are aluminum, but I still had no issues getting this heat sink mounted securely. Just be careful not to over tighten this.
In the kit there is this set of screws along with the paper washers to keep the screws from damaging the PCB, or possibly grounding out to anything.
The two packages on the left are what makes up the G-1 adhesive compound and is said to be much better and easier to release than the original equipment. The tube on the right is the original equipment and is what's left all of the residue on my chips.
I used the parts tray from the inner packaging of the heat sinks to mix the two packs of liquids together. They are obviously different colors to make you mix this for one consistent color. This way you know you have a good mix of materials.
Before I put all of the heat sinks on, I thought I should show some of the G-1 applied to the chips. With a spreader that wasn't included in my kit, you simply spread a thin layer of the material on the chip. If you set the heat sink on gently, it will allow for movement to align it, but once you press it onto the chip, it is much tougher to move and relocate.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [Testing and Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada