The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler
Getting the Xtreme Plus II out of the box, you notice there isn't much of a change either, at least not yet. It keeps the copper plate with five 6mm heat pipes, but the smaller set of fins got some of the eighteen fins trimmed in this model. The larger side uses sixty-six aluminum fins, and if you look closely, the mounting plate has changed.
The trio of 92mm fans does a good job of keeping airflow over a good percentage of the cooler, and adds air flow to the entire PCB as it passes through the cooler. This shroud and fan assembly is removable for cleaning as well.
The heat pipes are very cleanly finished on the end of the cooler. That along with the way the fan assembly envelops the top of the fins makes for an attractive cooler from any angle.
Getting in a little closer, I can show the gentle bends of the heat pipes as they turn out of the base and make their way to the fins. You can just see that these pipes are soldered into the base, while the fins are pressed over them.
The termination of the heat pipes on the longer side of the cooler is a little different, as at this end they are much longer. With this case being furthest from the slot, only in smaller cases with the length of this matter. The shroud does stick out even with the pipes, so an accidental bump while installing this shouldn't case any issues.
The copper base has MX-4 pre-applied, but that will soon be removed and replaced for imaging and testing. The thing to note here is the new mounting plate with covering 51mm, 53.2mm, and 58.4mm mounting. This time there are only two optional kits, whereas the original had three.
Removing the paste, I added the USB adapter to give you an idea of the finish. It isn't shiny by any means, but does have some reflectivity in the surfacing that was done. Against a razor blade, the base is flat as can be; only deflecting a little near the corners.
I removed the shroud and move out a bit to give you a good look at the thick aluminum center cooler, and the massive amount of fins to keep even the hottest graphics cards under control.
I thought a look at it from the top may be as equally important to see without the fans.
The 92mm Swiss Designed fans are all wired tightly within the shroud and will keep them out of the way and free from any damage when you remove the shroud. The rainbow colored power lead for these fans is over 11" long and should give you ample room for any means of power.
To remove the shroud, flip the cooler over and look for these tabs. They are pretty strong, but still plastic. While they take a bit of force to let loose, be careful as not to break these off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 8 [Testing and Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms