Getting into the BIOS, I was surprised to find that ECS have opted for that graphical UEFI interface. I only say surprised because we saw that MSI who have a graphics interface on their Z68 boards not use it on their A75 one. Clearly that's not a trend for everyone, though.
As for the BIOS itself, it's not too bad. We've got plenty of options as we work our way through it and as soon as you enter you are in "EZ Mode", like we see ASUS do. It's not a bad idea as it lets you do a few little things without having to get into the scary part that freaks most people out.
It's not the most advanced BIOS and for the most part there's not much that bothers me. With that said, there is one thing and that is related to the voltages. It's really annoying when companies don't give you either the ability to select the voltage you want, for example 1.65v on your RAM, or when they only offer the + mV option and don't show what the current voltage is at.
What you end up having to do is go back to Advanced, look at the PC health to see what the voltage is at, then go back to the M.I.B III section and set the mV to what you need so you can have 1.65v on your RAM. It's not the end of the world, but it's indeed a little bit annoying. The addition of just what the voltages are at will be extremely handy and hopefully this is something ECS can implement in a future BIOS update.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider FINALLY receives RTX/DLSS patch
- Halo: Master Chief Collection has UNCAPPED frame rate on PC
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today