The Build and Finished Product
The first thing I did after getting the hard drive racks out was to remove this motherboard tray. Removing thumbscrews under the top cover will allow this tray to slide up and out of the TJ11. You can see also that the 9+1 slots are really 9+ 0.5 or 0.25. The slot under the fan is for an accessory that is sold separately!
Fast forward about ten minutes and I had the motherboard installed, and you can see, I have a water cooled build in motion here.
After about another hour of trial and error I am now ready to slide the motherboard tray back in. When I did slide it in, I made the realization that the radiator sits "just" proud of the tray. Removing the screws and allowing it to settle to the board just a bit corrected this, but it reminds you to check all the angles.
I figured for those with keen sight, you would spot the dual fans behind the radiator. On fan was gutted to use as a spacer because this radiator wouldn't clear the rear I/O area without the extra spacing installed.
The front of the chassis doesn't change too much with my basic installation. Also since this is going to be sitting on my desk, I installed the optical drive as low as possible for easy access.
Here is the TJ11 with a triple radiator in the bottom along with an AX1200 PSU, which isn't a small power supply, and I had plenty of room for all of it. Using the pair of holes through the midsection of the chassis keeps the wiring and the tubing clean in their routing.
I just wanted to get a little closer so you can see just how clean the wiring is, and for those who appreciate a clean water loop, this shot was for you!
Since SilverStone provides it, why not use it. Since this dust cover is magnetic, it really takes no effort to stick it over the fan on your power supply. It does offer holes to be mounted, but the screws you see are actually in the PSU not the filter.
Looking in the back of the case you can see there isn't wiring going all over to get things powered up. You can also see that my triple rad. with fans on both sides still allowed room for the large PSU to the left. I tied up some wiring for cleanliness, but had no issues getting them where they needed to go.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilverStone SST-TJ11B-W Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside The SilverStone SST-TJ11B-W Tower Chassis]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate weekly events: Spirits & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1.2.0 changes: Matchmaking/fighters
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender