The Corsair Force 3 120GB
The Corsair Force GT is red! In many of the press images we've seen the enclosure looks like it's anodized like the Patriot Inferno last year, but the casing is painted or powder coated instead. The finish is pretty good, but not as nice as an anodized drive. From two feet away you really can't tell the difference, though.
There isn't much happening on the back of the drive. Here we see the under mount locations and I can report they are there and placed where they should be.
The side mounting points are also where they should be.
On the back of the drive we see the SATA power and data connectors. The desktop adapter bracket keeps everything in line, so you won't have any issues installing the drive in your system, be it a desktop or notebook without the bracket.
I was really expecting to find Toshiba Toggle Flash in the Force GT, but as we see here, Corsair choose to run with IMFT 25nm synchronous flash. There are sixteen flash chips in all - eight on each side and a single SandForce SF-2281 controller on this side.
The Force GT has several surface mount components, so you're getting your money's worth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Force GT 120GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam