The ABIT BX133 RAID is another one of ABit's BX motherboard creations for the socket 370 platform for Pentium 3 Coppermine, Intel Celeron Coppermine and Intel Celeron. This motherboards layout is a cross between the BM6 and the BE6. ABIT have used the same tricks of the trade with the BX133 as they have done with the BF6 and BE6, use the same PCB as the BM6 only change what you have to.
ABIT have elected to go with the 5/1/1 (PCI/ISA/AGP) configuration similar to all of their BX motherboards with intergraded ATA controllers onboard, we saw this in the BE6, BE6-2 and BE6-2 revision 2. It is unknown to us why ABIT do not supply the 6th PCI slot, it maybe to try and avoid conflicting hardware. We saw on the KT7-RAID 6 PCI with the onboard ATA-100 controller but then again this was a different chipset on that board.
As we can see form the picture, you can see the missing PCI slot indicating that this same PCB design can accommodate a 6th PCI slot, maybe ABIT will add one if the future. This is not really a big loss as there is enough room for all your expansion needs. The AGP slot is only 2x, as the BX chipset does not support AGP4x transfers. While the BX chipset can run at 133MHz the AGP also lacks the ½ AGP divider so running the BX chipset at 133MHz requires you to overclock the AGP card well out of specifications. If you want to test if your video card can handle the speed try setting the the FSB to 87Mhz FSB and leave the AGP divider at 1/1. If the system can run benchmarks and other software then it will most likely survive the 133Mhz FSB at 2/3.
The BX133 RAID's socket layout is well above average. There are no capacitors, resistors or voltage regulators to get in the way of using oversized coolers such are Thermaltake Orbs or Alpha coolers. We tested all out large coolers on this board and we still were able to get pencil space between the capacitors and the heatsink, a fantastic job here ABIT. On the BX133 RAID, ABIT elected not to put the heatsink and fan on the chipset as we saw on the KT7 RAID motherboard but have replaced the small green heatsink with a much larger version of the ones traditionally used. This comes in handy when you want to push the VIO into the 3.7 and 3.8v ranges. The power connector once again have been placed in a sensible position in the top corner, this allows for you to keep all those power cables away from the CPU to which intern amounts to better cooling. 3 fan headers are provided onboard, 2 near the CPU socket and one down the bottom near the front for a front case fan. The Winboard chip handles thermal monitoring and system management tasks. CPU temperatures are taken from the on-die thermal probe built into all socket 370 CPU. ABIT provide a thermal cable so you can hook it up to the onboard thermal header to monitor another preferable such as the AGP chipset or any other hot spot.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019