We're not going to make it easy for our Maximus IV Gene-Z today with the board lineup being full of big brother ATX sized ones. It will be really interesting to see just how this mATX version is able to go. Before we get into the performance side of things, we must first cover the overclocking potential of the board.
I want to say, I was a little surprised, but I wasn't really when it came to the maximum overclock. I expected the ASUS to perform well and it did. As you can see below, we ended up pushing our multiplier all the way up to 53x.
Along with pushing the multiplier up, we also managed to give our BCLK a slight bump to 101 and what we ended up with was a CPU that was running at just over 5.36GHz. What ASUS shows us is that just because you opt for a smaller stature, it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice the overclocking potential of your CPU.
With such a strong overclock offered, we should see some strong performance come out of our little mATX board.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz