We're not going to make it easy for our Maximus IV Gene-Z today with the board lineup being full of big brother ATX sized ones. It will be really interesting to see just how this mATX version is able to go. Before we get into the performance side of things, we must first cover the overclocking potential of the board.
I want to say, I was a little surprised, but I wasn't really when it came to the maximum overclock. I expected the ASUS to perform well and it did. As you can see below, we ended up pushing our multiplier all the way up to 53x.
Along with pushing the multiplier up, we also managed to give our BCLK a slight bump to 101 and what we ended up with was a CPU that was running at just over 5.36GHz. What ASUS shows us is that just because you opt for a smaller stature, it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice the overclocking potential of your CPU.
With such a strong overclock offered, we should see some strong performance come out of our little mATX board.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series