When it comes to the lineup today there's nothing out of the ordinary. For comparison today we've got the ASUS F1A75-V Pro motherboard which also supports the A8-3850, while we've got our Phenom II X6 1100T in our 990X ASUS M5A99X EVO.
For the GIGABYTE A75-UD4H we'll be testing our A8-3850 both at stock and overclocked form, so before we get into the benchmark side of things let's first see what's going on with the overclock on offer.
For weeks now GIGABYTE have been releasing details on their motherboards and overclocking results with the A8-3850. Prior to launch they had managed to break IGP records that focused on the onboard graphics side of things.
With so much talk about overclocking on the GIGABYTE prior to the launch, I had high hopes for the platform when it came to overclocking and looking below, you can see it didn't disappoint.
Pushing our A8-3850 to just over 3.7GHz is no easy task, but no doubt GIGABYTE have done a good job in the BIOS and the board itself to make sure the overclocking potential is present. We ended up with our bus speed at 131MHz and we managed to leave the multiplier at the stock x29.
The only thing we found with the board is that it didn't like to clock our memory up as high as others. We did grab the latest BIOS from the GIGABYTE website which said it improved things and it did. Unfortunately it wasn't quite as strong as we had hoped. With that said, we're sure that there's going to be more BIOSs come out in the near future as we're seeing a lot of companies tweak the BIOS of these A75 boards still.
The other thing is, prior to the launch we saw GIGABYTE show results with memory at over 2200MHz DDR. AMD is quite picky when it comes to RAM so we don't doubt with the right combination there's some serious speed to be had from the platform when it comes to the memory side of things.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit