When it comes to the lineup today there's nothing out of the ordinary. For comparison today we've got the ASUS F1A75-V Pro motherboard which also supports the A8-3850, while we've got our Phenom II X6 1100T in our 990X ASUS M5A99X EVO.
For the GIGABYTE A75-UD4H we'll be testing our A8-3850 both at stock and overclocked form, so before we get into the benchmark side of things let's first see what's going on with the overclock on offer.
For weeks now GIGABYTE have been releasing details on their motherboards and overclocking results with the A8-3850. Prior to launch they had managed to break IGP records that focused on the onboard graphics side of things.
With so much talk about overclocking on the GIGABYTE prior to the launch, I had high hopes for the platform when it came to overclocking and looking below, you can see it didn't disappoint.
Pushing our A8-3850 to just over 3.7GHz is no easy task, but no doubt GIGABYTE have done a good job in the BIOS and the board itself to make sure the overclocking potential is present. We ended up with our bus speed at 131MHz and we managed to leave the multiplier at the stock x29.
The only thing we found with the board is that it didn't like to clock our memory up as high as others. We did grab the latest BIOS from the GIGABYTE website which said it improved things and it did. Unfortunately it wasn't quite as strong as we had hoped. With that said, we're sure that there's going to be more BIOSs come out in the near future as we're seeing a lot of companies tweak the BIOS of these A75 boards still.
The other thing is, prior to the launch we saw GIGABYTE show results with memory at over 2200MHz DDR. AMD is quite picky when it comes to RAM so we don't doubt with the right combination there's some serious speed to be had from the platform when it comes to the memory side of things.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard