Unlike most of the other motherboard manufacturers, we see that GIGABYTE have chosen to stick with that older style BIOS design and not opt for the graphical interface that we're seeing from most other companies. It's not a bad thing, because as you go in to the BIOS you find yourself having a good idea of where to go when it comes to overclocking or disabling features.
The big problem at the moment is that a lot of people find themselves unsure what kind of voltages they can use when it comes to overclocking the new platform. As you can see above, we've got a lot of normal voltages like CPU PLL, DDR3 and CPU, but we've also got some new ones like APU VDDP and FCH. No doubt as time goes on, though, people will figure out the best place to sit with these voltages.
As for the rest of the BIOS, there's no real surprises; each section is fairly self-explanatory and if you've used a GIGABYTE Award BIOS over the last few years you should know exactly what's going on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market