Today we'll be checking out our A8-3850 and ASUS F1A75-V Pro against our ASUS M5A99X Evo with our Phenom II X6 1100T. Before we get into the performance side of things, though, let's first look at what's going on with the overclock.
Overclocking on a new chipset can be a task in itself, but overclocking on a new CPU / APU can be even harder as you're not sure where the safe voltage points are and what you should be moving.
Since 1.5v on the core seemed to be what a lot of companies were going to prior to the launch, we figured that was a good point to start at. While you can adjust the multiplier up and down, moving up while showing an increase in speed, doesn't actually increase the speed.
What we ended up doing was moving our multiplier down one to 28x which allowed us to push the bus speed up to 125MHz. This results in a clock speed of 3.5GHz which you can see below.
As you can see above, the CPU-Z validation isn't validated and it's probably due to the fact we're dealing with a new processor. With that said, it does still manage to give us all the main details including the clock speed and our RAM which are all correct.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 5 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard