Today we'll be checking out our A8-3850 and ASUS F1A75-V Pro against our ASUS M5A99X Evo with our Phenom II X6 1100T. Before we get into the performance side of things, though, let's first look at what's going on with the overclock.
Overclocking on a new chipset can be a task in itself, but overclocking on a new CPU / APU can be even harder as you're not sure where the safe voltage points are and what you should be moving.
Since 1.5v on the core seemed to be what a lot of companies were going to prior to the launch, we figured that was a good point to start at. While you can adjust the multiplier up and down, moving up while showing an increase in speed, doesn't actually increase the speed.
What we ended up doing was moving our multiplier down one to 28x which allowed us to push the bus speed up to 125MHz. This results in a clock speed of 3.5GHz which you can see below.
As you can see above, the CPU-Z validation isn't validated and it's probably due to the fact we're dealing with a new processor. With that said, it does still manage to give us all the main details including the clock speed and our RAM which are all correct.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 5 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Netflix won't be available on the Nintendo Switch as of yet
- QLOC to port Dark Souls Remastered to respective platforms
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series