Inside the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Chassis
The front of the Chaser is easily removable since all the wires run to the I/O and not the bezel. Behind the plastic bezel there is a dust filter over the 200mm intake fan. Also this 200mm fan can be swapped out for a pair of 120mm fan with the holes provided.
Once the door panels are removed we can see that the hardware gets shipped in the box lying on the floor. It was originally strapped to the cases, but in transit it broke free. While the hardware didn't cause any damage, as I looked around I thought to myself, "Where are the wires?"
Up front there are more splashes of that light blue on the four optical drive tool-free latches and all six trays of the hard drive rack are molded from the same color plastic. In front of the hard drives is the 200mm intake fan.
The motherboard tray has all the wire management you need, and the risers come installed for an ATX motherboard out of the box. There is a very large CPU access hole and a cut out to allow wires like the 8-pin EPS to get to the top of the case, behind the tray.
Inside the rear of the chassis there is a 120mm TurboFan installed above the eight ventilated slots that use thumbscrews to mount expansion cards.
The floor of the chassis not only offers a spot for a 120mm fan on the right side, on the floor this case comes with a PSU support bracket that is adjustable for any PSU length.
Behind the tray we finally see all of the wiring for the chassis neatly tucked in behind the hard drive bays. There is a ton of room behind the tray for all your wiring and the doors on this chassis open and close like a car door, so it will help you push any stray wires in, versus fighting a slide on style door.
As you can see, all of the wiring included with the Chaser MK-1 not only make it to the bottom of the chassis, there is still about nine more inches of length to make sure all the connections will make it onto any motherboard. Those not used to the blue plug staring right at you, this is for motherboards with USB 3.0 connectivity in pin form.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series