The TOP-1000WG features a great list of connectors and cables for a 1000W power supply. In total, you're looking at a total of 26 connectors over 10 cables. Other than the obligatory 20+4 pin Main and ATX 4+4 cables, there is also an EPS12V connector. Each of the three cables for PCI-E connections feature a pair of 6+2 pin connectors. Peripheral cables include three SATA cables with four connectors each and a single Molex cable with four Molex connectors and a single FDD connector at the end.
Rail distribution for the TOP-1000WG is split up quite well. 12V1 handles the 20+4 pin Main connector and all of the peripheral connectors. 12V2 handles the EPS12V connector and one of the PCI-E cables, while 12V3 power just one PCI-E cable. 12V4 finishes off the rest of the cables with the remaining PCI-E cable and the ATX4+4 cable. While the distribution couldn't be much better, one must keep in mind that each of the rails are only capable 228W of power and some of today's GPUs can pull upwards of 240W of power.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we find things packed in a little tight, but well cooled.
The primary side features a pair of Taiwanese Teapo caps that are rated for 85 instead of the preferred 105C.
The secondary side is filled with more Teapo capacitors. At least these are all rated for 105C.
Finalizing our shots of the inside is the BTek fan that cools the TOP-1000WG. It is at 120mm fan, model A1225L12S.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series