MSI has had an interesting couple of years. During CES 2010 we saw them show off their new line of Big Bang motherboards with Lucid Logix's Hydra chips on them. Unfortunately we saw this demo stutter through 3DMark Vantage. They were able to recover from that and managed to put out a few good boards with this package in them. We took a look at a couple of them here on TweakTown (and will probably look at more to come).
Then this year at CES, we heard from one source at MSI that they were planning on using the Hydra as more of a bridge chip for adding extra PCIe 2.0 lanes on their high end boards to enable tri and quad SLI as well as Crossfire. So, the question is, where does Hydra fit into the Big Band series now?
We have the P67 based Big Bang Marshal up on the test bench and are going to take it through its paces to see if it truly fits into the ranks with the rest of the line-up. With a price tag of $399.99 from Newegg.com and sporting a total of eight PCIe x16 mechanical slots (that's $50 per slot), we will take our shot at finding out if this is really worth your time and money.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Heavy Rain/Detroit: Become Human will release on Epic Store
- Epic Games announces $100 million grant program
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023