Before we take a look at the unit itself, we thought we would explain a bit about the technologies behind the unit that makes it a good contender.
EXACT-Rec or Enhanced eXtracting & Adapting Control Technology for Recording monitors the buffer flow rate and keeps the CD-RW unit from those dreaded buffer under-runs that were common when the drive becomes faster in its writing capabilities than the hard disk can supply the data, especially with IDE CD-RW and IDE HDDs, this was very common.
AWSS or Advanced Weighting Suspension System works to reduce vibration noise from the CD drive when the unit has the CD at full RPM. Without this technology, the CD-RW would sound like a vacuum cleaner inside your PC. With silent PC's now moving into fashion, it is important to have your CD drives as quiet as possible.
Using this clever technology, the drive is able to automatically check which CD-R or CD-RW media you are attempting to use and increase or decrease burn speeds accordingly to what the drive thinks the media is able to safely handle.
Package and Contents
The box for the CD-RW unit is pretty much a standard CD-ROM sized box. With the name and blue and white colourings on the box it doesn't stand out much from any normal CD box. When you open the box and unpack it all you see what you have gotten.
Inside is your CD-RW unit, user manual, Nero Burning ROM CD, a pack of mounting screws and an analogue audio port to sound Card cable. Most companies to date that make CD-R(W) units are supplying Nero, as it is one of the most widely used and simplest to use recording programs available.
The Drive - Physical Appearance
The drive itself is a rather stylish with its curved front tray cover. It's amazing what can be done with a standard rectangle box.
Top right on the drive shows the burners speed rating.
Bottom right of the unit shows the Eject button as well as the CD Audio play/Skip button.
The final shot shows the back of the drive. Pretty standard with IDE connector, four pin power plug, Master/Slave jumper as well as Digital and Analogue audio out ports for connection to sound cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- OptoRite Burner - Page 1 [Introduction]
- OptoRite Burner - Page 2 [Specifications]
- OptoRite Burner - Page 3 [Technology Overview and Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada