Looking at our testbed, you're not going to see any surprises when it comes to what we're dealing with. As for the boards we've got in our graphs today, they include the full sized ATX board from MSI using the same chipset, the Z68A-GD80. Along with this we've also got our ASRock Z68 Extreme4 and ASRock X58 Extreme3 based on the X58 chipset and utilizing a i7 980X CPU.
On the overclocking side of things, we did fire up OC Genie II again via the onboard button and as you can see below, we got boosted to that 42x multiplier. It essentially helps push us up to 4.2GHz or 4190MHz to be exact, as the BCLK sits just below 100.
Because we've already tested the MSI Z68A-GD80 with OC Genie II at 4.2GHz, we didn't worry about it today. Instead we headed back into the BIOS to see what kind of overclock we could achieve when messing around with the voltages and multiplier.
We ended up pushing the multiplier up to 51x and with the BCLK sitting just below 100 we ended up with a final overclock of 5088MHz or 5.09GHz as listed in our graphs. While this overclock does fall short of what we achieved with its big brother, this is a stronger overclock than we got out of the ASRock board which is good.
Something worth noting is that we didn't push the voltage as high on this. While normally we would venture up to 1.5v on the vCore, the BIOS gave us a warning to not go past 1.4v. Of course, we went past 1.4v, but only up to 1.45v which is reported at 1.44v. From an everyday perspective this is probably a safer level to be at and hopefully the temps will tells us that.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard