After all tests were complete, I can say that I was fairly impressed with this heatsink. When I saw the aluminum body, I was not expecting this level of cooling from the XDream cooler. It was a pleasant surprise to be wrong in this instance.
Another little piece of information that may make this an even sweeter proposition is the price tag. I found one listed at NewEgg for a paltry US$15! That's right, we're talking cooling potential that in the same ballpark as the mighty Swiftech MCX462+ at a third the price. This makes things look even more interesting, don't you think?
But of course the sink isn't without faults. The clipping mechanism was a big disappointment since it is highly possible that you'll break it in the future. And a fully copper sink would have been nice as well, but the results are still not too shabby.
Bottom line...If you happen to be in the market for a heatsink that gives very workable cooling, adjustable fan speeds that are externally controlled AND happen to be looking for this item for a small amount of cash, then look no further than the Cooler Master HAC-V81 HSF. You certainly won't be disappointed with the temperatures you get, but you might want to save a few dollars for replacement clipping mechanisms.
Excellent cooling prowess
Very smooth base
Adjustable fan speeds
Clip metal is very flimsy
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz