The X58A-OC is simple to setup and get going if you are only setting things up for normal usage. If you are going for an upper level overclock there is (of course) going to be some tinkering. It took some time to get the OC we did as there really is a lot to play with. You still get GIGABYTE's one step install for the basics and for the installation of the utilities.
We did run into one thing that surprised us; we could not get the system to run properly with AHCI and an SSD. For whatever reason the system would begin to install and then fail after the first boot. We tried to install the AHCI drivers during the Windows 7 install, but even that did not work. It seemed to be more of a BIOS issue than anything else. This will come back to haunt us during tests that need HDD speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- NVIDIA GeForce 385.69 WHQL drivers released
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card