When I first agreed to test the CCS cooler, I had thought that I would get some better results than I managed to achieve. The thought of finally adding any sort of water to my system was a huge leap of faith for me since I have always been more than a little nervous about this prospect.
But while the safety of the cooler proved to be very high, the performance lagged behind even middle of the road HSF units that are currently available on the market today. And considering that this unit will set you back about US$100, you can see that it will be hard pressed to get a large following.
I will say, however, that this thought is a worthy one to follow. The current application needs some hardcore improvements, but the idea of creating a liquid-cooling system that is fully enclosed and SAFE for the end user is a notable concept. Bringing liquid to the masses could do wonders for future technologies. And a final item of note is the fact that they include a small syringe of TherMagic TIM with the kit. For those who have been sleeping lately, it manages to beat out the highly vaunted Arctic Silver line by just a tad, which says a lot.
Bottom line... While I cannot recommend the CCS in its current state of development, I would keep an eye on them for future revisions. While the cost is actually minimal for a liquid rig, the level of performance doesn't justify the price tag.
Low cost for liquid
Fully self-enclosed system
Performance lags behind competition
Poor cost -vs- performance ratio
Rating - 6/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- TherMagic CCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 2 [The Setup]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 3 [Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases