When I first agreed to test the CCS cooler, I had thought that I would get some better results than I managed to achieve. The thought of finally adding any sort of water to my system was a huge leap of faith for me since I have always been more than a little nervous about this prospect.
But while the safety of the cooler proved to be very high, the performance lagged behind even middle of the road HSF units that are currently available on the market today. And considering that this unit will set you back about US$100, you can see that it will be hard pressed to get a large following.
I will say, however, that this thought is a worthy one to follow. The current application needs some hardcore improvements, but the idea of creating a liquid-cooling system that is fully enclosed and SAFE for the end user is a notable concept. Bringing liquid to the masses could do wonders for future technologies. And a final item of note is the fact that they include a small syringe of TherMagic TIM with the kit. For those who have been sleeping lately, it manages to beat out the highly vaunted Arctic Silver line by just a tad, which says a lot.
Bottom line... While I cannot recommend the CCS in its current state of development, I would keep an eye on them for future revisions. While the cost is actually minimal for a liquid rig, the level of performance doesn't justify the price tag.
Low cost for liquid
Fully self-enclosed system
Performance lags behind competition
Poor cost -vs- performance ratio
Rating - 6/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- TherMagic CCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 2 [The Setup]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard