When I first agreed to test the CCS cooler, I had thought that I would get some better results than I managed to achieve. The thought of finally adding any sort of water to my system was a huge leap of faith for me since I have always been more than a little nervous about this prospect.
But while the safety of the cooler proved to be very high, the performance lagged behind even middle of the road HSF units that are currently available on the market today. And considering that this unit will set you back about US$100, you can see that it will be hard pressed to get a large following.
I will say, however, that this thought is a worthy one to follow. The current application needs some hardcore improvements, but the idea of creating a liquid-cooling system that is fully enclosed and SAFE for the end user is a notable concept. Bringing liquid to the masses could do wonders for future technologies. And a final item of note is the fact that they include a small syringe of TherMagic TIM with the kit. For those who have been sleeping lately, it manages to beat out the highly vaunted Arctic Silver line by just a tad, which says a lot.
Bottom line... While I cannot recommend the CCS in its current state of development, I would keep an eye on them for future revisions. While the cost is actually minimal for a liquid rig, the level of performance doesn't justify the price tag.
Low cost for liquid
Fully self-enclosed system
Performance lags behind competition
Poor cost -vs- performance ratio
Rating - 6/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- TherMagic CCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 2 [The Setup]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ