When it came time to install this beast, I found the easiest thing was to just set the case on its side and then begin work from there. Once this was accomplished, I was able to set the main assembly on the drive bays and then attach the cold plate. Here is what we have once it has been installed:
Once you have the cold plate properly attached you can begin attaching the main housing. This is accomplished by simply removing an existing 80mm fan from the back of the case and then putting this monstrosity in its place. Below is the result of this effort:
When the entire cooling system is correctly installed, the hoses between the housing and the cold plate will make a smooth curve. You'll want to make certain that hoses have no sharp bends or kinks in them or you may get the chance to test out that speed-throttling ability of your precious processor.
Once you've installed the cold plate and the cooling assembly, the only thing left is to hook up all of the electrical connections. This will require two motherboard fan headers and a single 4-pin Molex connector. This will ensure that you have power to all necessary areas and also gives the ability to monitor both fan speeds and pump RPM ratings during operation.
Now that we have the water-cooler in place, it is time to see if it can handle the load.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- TherMagic CCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 2 [The Setup]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit