When it came time to install this beast, I found the easiest thing was to just set the case on its side and then begin work from there. Once this was accomplished, I was able to set the main assembly on the drive bays and then attach the cold plate. Here is what we have once it has been installed:
Once you have the cold plate properly attached you can begin attaching the main housing. This is accomplished by simply removing an existing 80mm fan from the back of the case and then putting this monstrosity in its place. Below is the result of this effort:
When the entire cooling system is correctly installed, the hoses between the housing and the cold plate will make a smooth curve. You'll want to make certain that hoses have no sharp bends or kinks in them or you may get the chance to test out that speed-throttling ability of your precious processor.
Once you've installed the cold plate and the cooling assembly, the only thing left is to hook up all of the electrical connections. This will require two motherboard fan headers and a single 4-pin Molex connector. This will ensure that you have power to all necessary areas and also gives the ability to monitor both fan speeds and pump RPM ratings during operation.
Now that we have the water-cooler in place, it is time to see if it can handle the load.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- TherMagic CCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 2 [The Setup]
- TherMagic CCS - Page 3 [Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases