The Shagon' AHC-118 CPU Cooler
Looking at the front, or where the fan will attach, you can see the plastic top cover goes all the way to the bottom and offers a place for the four rubber fan mounts to attach to.
The side shows that the forty-two fins get some spacing and support from the tabs that run down the side. The depth of the cooler allows for a very even spacing between the pipes and should allow for better heat dissipation.
There is also a spacing and support trail down the center of the back of the fins. Using flattened heat pipes with this cooler makes for a low profile base, but as you can see, the pipes cannot be bent as soon as if they were round through the base.
This side is exactly like the other side. It has the support trail and the same spacing for this half of the hat pipes.
Since removal of the shroud on this cooler is near impossible, I flipped the cooler over so you could get a glimpse of the "louvers" that get cut into each of the fins. This should disturb the air and make for better heat transfer that a flat fin would.
The base gets milled once it is assembled. The pipes are for the most part level with each other and offer a flat contact area across the pipes. You can tell by the shadows that in some spots the aluminium top plate doesn't touch the processor. No issues for cooling, but it may require a bit more TIM to fill the gaps.
Grabbing the 120mm fan, you can see the full color scheme gets carried over from the ARC-118 we saw not too long ago. The dark maroon, almost purple of the blades and shroud will make for a very unique looking addition to your build.
All together the AHC-118 is a wide one. With the fan installed the cooler climbs near 5" in total profile. While the cooler is high enough to clear typical memory, if you have taller spreaders there is likely going to be an issue with this cooler.
Just another angle to appreciate the curves, color, and see the whole unit one more time before I strap it up for some abuse.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Shagon' AHC-118 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: major sales/free from Sept. 20 - 23rd
- Dead by Daylight: 5 million units/free-to-play this weekend
- Nintendo announces Fortnite themed Switch console bundle
- PlayStation Classic packs 20 pre-loaded PS1 games, costs $99
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement