The ROG BIOS has an absolute bucket load of options when it comes to getting down and dirty with the board. Of course, it also uses the popular UEFI interface that we're seeing not only on all ASUS boards these days, but most other boards as well.
Looking at the BIOS, you've got the ability to do an easy overclock via CPU Level Up which will push your 2600k to 4.2GHz or 4.6GHz, otherwise you've got the option to really mess around manually with everything to try and achieve the strongest overclock possible.
As you move throughout the BIOS there's nothing too out of the ordinary that really stands out apart from the massive list of changes you can make. EZ Mode is still present, but when going into the BIOS the Maximus IV Extreme does default to the Advanced Mode.
The Maximus IV Extreme BIOS can be quite daunting to some people, but you've got options to overclock other ways if you're not confortable editing the BIOS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- NVIDIA releases new GeForce 419.67 drivers, Firestorm ready
- Bethesda: DOOM Eternal, RAGE 2, other games coming to Steam
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019