The Motherboard Continued
As we start to head north on the board, there's a lot going on up in the corner with of course our most common two features present; the main ATX power connector and our four DDR3 RAM slots supporting up to 2200MHz DDR via OC and 32GB of memory. Other features around here that are fairly easy to spot and understand would be the power and reset button and our LED debug meter in the corner.
Along with those features, we've got a bunch more ROG specific ones. To the right we have a switch that turns on "LN2 Mode"; something the majority of the public will find themselves ignoring. This just helps battle cold bug issues, something that won't be seen on standard air or water cooling setups.
Next to the power and reset button we have some more toggle switches which allow you to enable and disable the PCI-E x16 slots. What this does is allow you to find the faulty card without having to remove cards and swap them about. Below these switches we have our Probelt voltage points which allow you to measure the exact voltage of a number of important points via a volt meter and the included Probelt cables. The other main standout here is the GO_BUTTON which is used to enable MemOK! Or load your preset GO_Button BIOS profile.
Turning the corner, we can see our main 8-Pin CPU power connector next to a fan header along with our CPU socket and the very mean looking cooling solution that ASUS have got going on. Below the CPU socket you can see a power cable running out of the heatsink. There isn't a fan here; that cable is instead used to light up the ROG logo that you can see.
Finally, we finish up with the I/O side of things. We've got a combo PS/2 port, 8x USB 3.0 controlled via the NEC USB 3.0 controller, 1x USB 2.0 ROG Connect port, two eSATA controlled via the JMicron 362 controller, optical and 8-Channel Audio connectivity via the Realtek ALC880 codec along with an ROG Connect and Clear CMOS switch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Laptop won't turn on after battery died
- For Sale [5Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $3,995CAD
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games