The Motherboard Continued
As we start to head north on the board, there's a lot going on up in the corner with of course our most common two features present; the main ATX power connector and our four DDR3 RAM slots supporting up to 2200MHz DDR via OC and 32GB of memory. Other features around here that are fairly easy to spot and understand would be the power and reset button and our LED debug meter in the corner.
Along with those features, we've got a bunch more ROG specific ones. To the right we have a switch that turns on "LN2 Mode"; something the majority of the public will find themselves ignoring. This just helps battle cold bug issues, something that won't be seen on standard air or water cooling setups.
Next to the power and reset button we have some more toggle switches which allow you to enable and disable the PCI-E x16 slots. What this does is allow you to find the faulty card without having to remove cards and swap them about. Below these switches we have our Probelt voltage points which allow you to measure the exact voltage of a number of important points via a volt meter and the included Probelt cables. The other main standout here is the GO_BUTTON which is used to enable MemOK! Or load your preset GO_Button BIOS profile.
Turning the corner, we can see our main 8-Pin CPU power connector next to a fan header along with our CPU socket and the very mean looking cooling solution that ASUS have got going on. Below the CPU socket you can see a power cable running out of the heatsink. There isn't a fan here; that cable is instead used to light up the ROG logo that you can see.
Finally, we finish up with the I/O side of things. We've got a combo PS/2 port, 8x USB 3.0 controlled via the NEC USB 3.0 controller, 1x USB 2.0 ROG Connect port, two eSATA controlled via the JMicron 362 controller, optical and 8-Channel Audio connectivity via the Realtek ALC880 codec along with an ROG Connect and Clear CMOS switch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit