nVidia have once before dabbled in the motherboard chipset sector with great disappointments, compatibility issues and horrid reviews. The original nForce chipset was designed with what was on paper, ground breaking features, but with the AMD Athlon CPU itself not able to take any advantage of these new features, i.e., them being beyond the AMD's capabilities to utilise, it was more than a flop for nVidia.
While being somewhat of a flop, these technologies have merged and grown for use with nVidia's new nForce2. Personally I would have tried to distance my company from the nForce name, but we will see if that is a factor. Dual Channel Memory system was taken from the original nForce and updated to support DDR-333 and 400 memory technologies, the APU (Audio Processing Unit) has been used again in the new Southbridge as well as the original nVidia MAC.
nVidia has taken its time to release their nForce2 chipset into the retail market. This could have been a fatal flaw due to VIA and their KT400, but as we have seen in earlier tests, the new nForce is able to take out VIA in every test.
Today we have in our labs the new nForce2 based motherboard for Chaintech, titled the Zenith 7NJS. This board is supposed to be Chaintech's most feature-packed and full on motherboard to date, continue on as we give you a run down on it.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:25 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 2 [Chaintech Zenith Specifications]
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 3 [Features]
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Chaintech nForce2 - Page 10 [Conclusion]