The AU-700 has a good selection of cables and connectors available, especially for a non-modular power supply. On top of the obligatory 24-pin Main connector is a single cable that supplies both an ATX 4+4 and an EPS12V connector. PCI-E connectors are handled by a pair of cables that each have two 8-pin connectors. Peripheral connections are split up between three cables with a total of seven SATA connectors, four Molex connectors and a single FDD connector.
Rail distribution is about as simple as it can get with four separate rails for the 12V power. 12V1 handles all the power for the ATX 4+4/EPS12V cable. 12V2 takes care of both the Main connector and all of the peripheral cables. The remaining two rails are each dedicated to a pair of PCI-E connectors.
A Look Inside
Opening up the AU-700 reveals a bit less cooling than you would expect out of a 700W power supply. It must be the additional Arrow Dynamics that help keep everything cooled off ..
For the primary side of FSP's AU-700, we have a single Japanese made Rubycon capacitor.
The secondary side doesn't boast the Japanese capacitors like the primary side does. It is instead packed with Chinese made CapXon capacitors.
Keeping the internals of the AU-700 cooled off is a 120mm fan. It is manufactured by Protechnic Electric and the model is MGA12012HF-A25.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, a Mierce comeback
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit