The Build and Finished Product
The optical drive installs very flush with the bezel and doesn't take away from the simpler understated design of the Shinobi. The latch on the left will hold the drive in place, but I had to use a screw to keep the right side of the drive in line.
With my m-ATX build installed I didn't have any clearance issues with any of my components. This chassis does allow for 10.5" graphics cards, but you can see that hard drives may interfere with them. Also, with a full ATX motherboard, the drives will likely cover the SATA ports as well.
The back filled out as I would expect. No issues to discuss here.
With the 22 to 24mm of spacing behind the tray I had no issues running any of the cabling. With over twenty tie points, there are plenty of options to tie up the wiring and keep it away from the door panel. Speaking of which, the panel slides back in place without touching anything I have wired in here.
Since the window is so dark, with or without power, there really isn't a good view seen. I would suggest picking up some Alchemy LED strips or even LED fans. The more light you have inside the case, the easier it will be to see the components.
Powering up the Shinobi Window, I was pleased to notice two things. First off is that only the red and blue LEDs at the top are active during use and since they aren't facing forward, they won't have a blinding effect and shouldn't disturb your sleep if placed in your bedroom. The second, and more important aspect to me, is the low noise level coming from the chassis fans. Even with a lack of "bling" this chassis still offers an individual presence.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Battlefront II microtransaction removal: 'no impact' to EA
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ