Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Taking fourth place in air cooling on the idle chart is really good news for the HAVIK 140 so far. NZXT's entry is looking promising.
I don't even have a snappy comment for the rating on the load testing. The HAVIK 140 taking over with a new first place mark to beat in air cooling; all I can say is, great job NZXT, congratulations!
What astounded me is that most of the coolers in the top ten should have shipped with ear plugs. Typically I rave about how silent a Noctua fan is, but NZXT has them beat in silence, hands down. Seriously, when the testing was running, I had to put my ear into the air flow to hear anything; even then it's the flow over my ear I was hearing and not the noise from the fan.
Once I set the box up for the 12V testing, I actually had to go to my digital multi-meter to see if the fan was in fact getting the right amount of power, as I barely heard any increase in the fans noise production. I know the box states 26dB, but I am not going to slit hair over silence at this level!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT HAVIK 140 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- Razer will announce a 'mobile device' later this year
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM