The NZXT HAVIK 140 CPU Cooler
Looking in through the body of the HAVIK 140, the cooler looks pretty squat in stature with the forty-six fins stacked on the six 6mm heat pipes. The lower third has a combination of the tightly bent, nickel plated heat pipes and the top plate of the base that accepts the mounting hardware with a cross bar style final mount.
Since the aluminum fins are soldered to the pipes, the center support isn't that important. Out at the edges there are two sets of tabs to support each fin and keep the spacing correct. If you again look at the bottom, you can see the heat pipes also bend inward to allow for the alignment of the pipes through the fins NZXT has chosen.
Since this cooler is built to allow air to flow correctly in both directions, both faces of the cooler are identical. The lower third has a combination of the tightly bent, nickel plated heat pipes, and the top plate of the base that accepts the mounting hardware with a cross bar style final mount.
The sides are also the same as each other so this time I will again go to the heat pipes. From the side you can see the pipes not only make the tight bends we saw from the front, but the pipes also converge in the middle to allow for the pipe arrangement that NZXT has chosen.
This is the pipe arrangement I was speaking of. The pipes go from exiting the base in a vertical stack of pipes and then the pipes "twist and turn" into a horizontal layout as you see it here. The holes in the middle of the fins are for spacing, while the notches on the outside edge are for some creative fan mounting.
I took this image for a few reasons. One was to show the little dobs of solder on the fins and pipe connecting point, two was to show the nickel plating, and the third was to show the pipe arrangement from a less confusing angle.
The base of copper isn't milled to a polished finish, and the nickel plating isn't thick enough to fill the voids from the lapping process it went through. The majority of the plate is flat and level, but as the edges discolor, it is also rounded there.
Skipping ahead a bit I grabbed the fans and rubber mounting systems and got them mounted to the cooler body with no issues. You can see this 90 CFM 140mm fan more than covers the fins and should offer some added flow to the motherboard components.
Looking from the side the HAVIK 140 takes on some bulk. With the 50mm of fans, plus a little extra from the fan mounting set up, this cooler comes in at almost 5" from outside fan edge to outside fan edge.
This is just a glamour shot so you can see this beast from another angle and take a minute to soak in all the goodness.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT HAVIK 140 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media