Because we're having a look at the chipset and motherboard more so than the AMD platform itself, we'll check out the ASUS Crosshair V Formula against the ASUS M4A89TD Pro which uses the AMD 890FX chipset.
We'll also be looking at the Crosshair V Formula with our CPU running at stock speeds and our CPU overclocked. Before we talk about the maximum overclock we achieved, let's first cover what we managed to achieve using the "OC" button that is present on the motherboard.
With the machine turned off, we press the button and then powered up our machine. Our machine then does a bit of a song and dance and after a minute or two we end up in Windows.
Firing up CPU-Z, we can see what we ended up at and as you can see above we managed to get into Windows at 3840MHz. This is a nice overclock from the stock 3300MHz made even better by the fact that all we had to do was press a button before turning the machine on.
With that done, though, we figured we'd just reboot and get into the BIOS and do some manual overclocking to see what we could achieve from our Phenom II X6 1100T.
While we could get in to Windows at 4.1GHz - 4.2GHz, our benchmarking was a little hit and miss with some tests having problems dealing with the speed. What we ended up at, though, was 4056MHz or 4.06GHz. This is overall a nice overclock and we'll see what kind of performance it brings over the default clock speeds.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series