Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The NZXT Sentry Mesh five channel fan controller is made to be housed in a 5.25" bay in any case. Due to the Mesh part of the naming, you are right to assume that the face of this controller is made with a steel mash plate covering the mostly ABS plastic body and fame. Both the Mesh and the plastic tub are black and NZXT carried this coloring right on to the cables to make it easy to hide inside of any chassis. The five separate channels are adjusted with a slider. On the bottom the fan controller produces between 4.68V and 4.70 depending on which line I was measuring. The top end of the slider delivers between 11.88V and 11.95V, again depending on which of the five 3-pin fan power leads I was using. Speaking of power leads, the Sentry Mesh comes with a long 4-pin Molex adapter to give the fans and the controller its power, totaling 30 Watts across the units five channels.
Going a little deeper in detail, the unit ships with its own set of mounting screws that match the threaded inserts set into the plastic frame of the unit. I mentioned that they deliver the Sentry Mesh with all black wiring. Continuing in their detail, they are each 27" long and will give you the ability to connect fans in even the largest of cases. The Molex connection is at the end of a 26" lead, and again gives you plenty of line to hide this connection too. While all of the wiring runs under a latch of sorts to keep the wiring near the motherboard tray, NZXT also adds a wire tie acting as a strain relief just in case you try to pull the wiring too far while making all the connections. This will keep you from accidentally damaging the PCB of the controller or just as bad, destroying a fan header.
Pricing for the NZXT Sentry Mesh has been posted just about everywhere. NZXT has set a MSRP of $24.99 in the US, and to be honest, I paid close to that for a used controller which arrived with a few dead channels. In my mind the pricing seems to be shot on! The only issue at the moment is that while I type this there aren't any retailers showing stock of this controller yet. With the release of this fan controller being just the other day, I expect these to be hitting stores soon, as I'm sure they are shipping in quantity as I bring the Sentry Mesh to you in this review. Just double checking with Google, I was right! The only hit I got was for Xoxide.com with MSRP pricing, but they aren't in stock at this time!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging, Accessories and Documentation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo discuss Metroid Prime 4/Yoshi/Pokemon progression
- Total War dev Creative Assembly working on tactical FPS
- NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs power 5 out of 7 best supercomputers
- INSOMNIA: The Ark developers announce new jazzy soundtrack
- Forza Horizon 4 car list leaked, 90GB of pre-load available
- Swann NVR-8580 8-Channel 4K Security System Review
- اعطال صيانه تكييفات امريكول (01014723434) اصلاح امري
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit