Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Silicon Power isn't very forthcoming with their product specifications on their website, but the SF-1200 controller's reputation is starting to become cliche anyhow. With 285MB/s read and 275MB/s write, the Silicon Power V20 pushes the SATA II (3G) bus to its limits.
Even though the Silicon Power V20 is being placed in the mainstream product category, the drive ships with a desktop adapter bracket. We've already seen some of the competing products in this mainstream category like the Patriot Torqx 2 and most are not shipping with this add-on that makes life much easier for desktop users. The V20 also ships with a standard 3 year warranty.
When it comes to pricing, we hear the 120GB V20 that we are looking at today will sell for just over 200 USD. This is quite a bit cheaper than the SF-2200 SATA 6G drives on the market today and falls in line with other SF-1200 drives on the market today that ship with 25nm flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Silicon Power V20 120GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]