The Motherboard Continued
As we move away from the bottom of the Z68X-UD3H-B3, we can see our four RAM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 at speeds of 2133 / 1866 / 1600 / 1333 / 1066MHz DDR.
Below our RAM slots we've got a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header. Just under that header we've got our 24-Pin main ATX power point and just next to that we've got a single 3-Pin fan header.
Towards the other back corner of the motherboard we've got our 8-Pin CPU power connector in the normal location you'd expect to see it. Just next to that we've got another 3-Pin fan header.
Looking at the CPU area, it's of course pretty clean as you would expect. There's less to look at when compared to the UD7 because it doesn't have as large a heatsink / heatpipe setup. Like most of the other Z68 boards we've looked at, we do have a smaller heatsink setup. In typical GIGABYTE Ultra Durable fashion, though, the quality is great and just sits well on the board.
Looking at the I/O side of things, we've got from the left; a combo PS/2 port and two USB 2.0 ports. Next to that we've got our video connections in the form of DVI-D, VGA, DisplayPort and HDMI. Just above the HDMI port we've also got an Optical port.
Continuing to move across, we've got an eSATA port, 1394 FireWire and two more USB 2.0 ports. We've got another two USB ports, but these blue ones are USB 3.0 and are powered via the Etron EJ168 chip. We've also got a single Gigabit network powered by the Realtek RTL8111E chip and our audio jacks via the Realtek ALC889 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Touch BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Xbox Scarlett development kit is called 'Anaconda'
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- accentuate redress
- Vandexafil Ultra New Male Enhancement Formula! Gain
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire