Just before the launch of the Intel Z68 chipset, we had the opportunity to preview the Z68X-UD7-B3 and Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboards in Taiwan. Earlier this week we did a full review on the GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 Motherboard and if you're interested in a really top end Z68 board, I'd highly recommend checking that review out, especially if you're interested in a multi GPU setup.
The extremely feature packed Z68X-UD7-B3 does come at a cost, though, that's higher than other Z68 boards on the market currently and if you don't need all the bells and whistles that are associated with the model, then we might have exactly what you need today.
The Z68X-UD3H-B3 is one of four boards that carry the "UD3" tag in the current lineup of Z68 boards and the only to carry onboard video. The other three; UD3, UD3P and UD3R all differ slightly with the features that are offered. What's available where can also differ with Newegg listing the UD3 and UD3P.
Today, though, we've got the Z68X-UD3H-B3 and we'll start with the package of the board before looking at the board itself and the BIOS. Once that's done we'll look at the test system setup and overclocking potential of the board before we get into the performance side of things.
The Z68X-UD3H-B3 is a smaller package than the Z68X-UD7-B3 we've looked at which of course comes as no surprise since it's a much cheaper board. We don't have any extra flaps or anything like that on the UD3H box, but we still get a wealth of information on the front and back of the box which gives us a great run down on some of the features that are on offer.
Inside the box we've got two manuals, driver CD, four SATA cables, a black extended SLI bridge and our I/O shield. It's everything we need to get up and running and a fairly standard bundle when compared to a lot of other boards that also choose to only really include a minimum of extras and accessories.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Touch BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 8 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 12 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit