The Motherboard Continued
As we continue to move around the board, we come to the top corner where we found our four RAM slots. The GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 supports up to 32GB of DDR3 at speeds of 2133 / 1866 / 1600 / 1333 / 1066MHz DDR.
Just below our RAM slots we can see our main 24-Pin ATX power connector and next to that we have a fan header. Above the fan header you can also see a little black button; this is if you need to reset the CMOS. Just to the right of the corner you can see a blue button; this is a power button which lets you turn the system on and off without the need to plug in the main front panel header.
As we move around to the main CPU area, we can see our 8-Pin CPU power connector tucked in the back corner with another fan header below it. Around the CPU area itself we can see the great looking heatsink GIGABYTE has got going on. As you would expect with any high end GIGABYTE board, there's plenty of room around here for installing your large heatsinks.
The I/O side of things is pretty busy. Starting from the left, we've got a combo PS/2 port and two USB 3.0 ports. Moving over, we've got both Optical and Coaxial audio outputs, we've then got a 1394a FireWire port, USB 2.0 and eSATA / USB 2.0 combo port powered by the Marvell 88SE9128 chip. Next to that we've got another FireWire port, USB 2.0 and eSATA / USB 2.0 combo port. Jumping across to the next bit, we've got two Gigabit networking ports and four more USB 3.0 ports. At the very end we've got our standard audio jack layout powered by the Realtek ALC889 codec.
USB 3.0 is offered via two Renesas D720200 chips and two VIA CL810 hubs. FireWire comes thanks to the T.I. TSB46AB23 chip while our two Gigabit ports are powered by two Realtek TRL8111E chips.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- The PC game store wars begin
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire