Accessories and Documentation
Part of what gets included in the hardware box is these wire ties, the Molex to triple 3-pin fan power adapter and a thick block of white foam with tape on two sides, for which I never found any use.
Screws are plentiful for this build. The large bundle on the left is used to install any 3.5" drive. There is a small black foam strip with tape on one side; again I don't know what for. There are some extra risers, motherboard and power supply screws, and 2.5" drive installation screws, or for securing optical drives.
The RV03 manual is top notch. Every aspect of removal or replacement is covered in here. While there wasn't an explanation to the foam pads, there are terrific drawings to go along with the simple to follow text. There is even a section on maintenance and fan replacement, when or if you need that information.
The solid plastic bay covers on the front of the RV03 are backed with a built in dust cover. As there is room and included hardware to add intake fans to the front of the chassis, SilverStone offers the ability to replace just the filter half of these components to allow good flow, while keeping dust and mischievous pets at bay. The two components are simply snapped together with a large tab on both sides. I was pretty aggressive with a couple of these and they all removed cleanly and nothing got broken, so don't be shy if they seem "stuck".
There are two more fan adapters not shown; one would go on the opposite ends of these assemblies. Essentially, these hard drive trays slide into tabs on the fan adapter to make a somewhat solid unit, but without the screws it is flimsy in this state. If you do plan to use these in the 5.25" bays, I will recommend you replace all the little black screws it took to remove these from the chassis with the drive trays you reinstall. In my instance, I just left them out all together, as there are better hard drive mounting options around back.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo discuss Metroid Prime 4/Yoshi/Pokemon progression
- Total War dev Creative Assembly working on tactical FPS
- NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs power 5 out of 7 best supercomputers
- INSOMNIA: The Ark developers announce new jazzy soundtrack
- Forza Horizon 4 car list leaked, 90GB of pre-load available
- اعطال صيانه تكييفات امريكول (01014723434) اصلاح امري
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit