The OCZ Vertex 3 240GB
On the surface everything seems perfectly normal with the retail Vertex 3 240GB, but we found the size of the drive to be out of spec. OCZ has been notified of the problem and is quickly working on a sensible way to remedy the issue. If you would like to learn more about the Vertex 3 form factor issue, visit this article where you will also find updates as they come in.
Aside from the issue that will affect a few notebooks, the retail Vertex 3 we received will work fine in desktops with the adapter bracket. Here we see the retail drive has all of the mounting points on the bottom for installing the drive in the desktop adapter bracket.
The mounting points are also located where they should be on the side of the Vertex 3.
The SATA power and data connections are where they should be and the included desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive so these connections match the location of standard 3.5" form factor drives.
Inside we quickly found the SandForce SF-2281 controller and on one side of the PCB, eight Intel 25nm flash chips.
An additional eight 25nm flash chips were on the other side. For the most part there isn't really anything interesting inside the Vertex 3, so you really have no reason to void your warranty by taking yours apart.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OCZ Vertex 3 240GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jagex showcase Old School RuneScape in-game statistics
- 'The Witcher 3' developers possibly working on Switch title
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!