After all the tests have been finished, we see a heatsink that stands apart from the crowd. It has a different type of mounting method, it looks different from most of the industry's coolers and the performance is far above what most would consider normal.
For a lot of people, cooling is nothing more than an afterthought. It is nothing more than a little piece that has to be added to their budget when they begin shopping for components to create that new rig. If you fall into this category, then I'll be the first to tell you that you shouldn't look this way for your cooling needs. But if you happen to be one of those demanding individuals who require nothing short of extraordinary, then take a long look at the Swiftech MCX462+ heatsink.
Of course, this level of performance doesn't come without a price to pay. We're talking US$48.50 for the heatsink and this does not include a fan. So the entry fee is rather steep, but after looking at the results, you can see for yourself that it is worth it. Also of note in the pricing category is the availability of a Pentium 4 mounting bracket kit for an additional US$3.00
Bottom line...If you're looking for a budget cooler, then keep looking. But if you're looking for a no-holds-barred Kick-Ass cooling solution that is certainly better than most other models on the market, then go out and pick up one of these babies. The sheer cooling prowess of this cooler is well above the norm and will make even the most power hungry of enthusiast happy.
Near perfect base
Excellent mass and surface area
Accepts 70mm or 80mm fans
Fan not standard
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- NVIDIA GeForce 385.69 WHQL drivers released
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card