Compared to the HD 5770, the new HD 6770 brings very little extra to the table. HDMI 1.4a support is going to help some people, but there's probably still a large portion of users out there who don't even know about the 1.4a iteration of HDMI, let alone what it does.
At $134.99 US the Sapphire Vapor-X version of the card is at an excellent price point. At $149.99 US, though, the Sapphire HD 6790 I feel is a better buy. It offers a clear performance difference and isn't much more of a stretch.
You can kind of understand, though, after looking at the HD 6770 why AMD didn't seem to make a big song and dance about the card. It's not the most exciting thing we've seen and performance overall isn't the best when compared to the slightly more expensive HD 6790.
The Vapor-X Sapphire version is nice and the cooler looks great as always, but you just feel that Sapphire isn't working with the best of cores. If you can afford $134.99 you should be able to afford the extra $15 to go to the HD 6790 which offers some great performance.
It's not that the HD 6770 is bad for the price; it's just that the HD 6790 is so much better. If the model was $10 - $15 less than the HD 6790 variant then it might've been an easier sell. For now, though, if your budget is that tight you can't make the jump to the HD 6790, the HD 6770 is still a pretty good product that sits between that $100 and $150 US price tag.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]