It comes as no surprise to us that MSI have been able to put together another really strong performing card. While they haven't been as aggressive as some other companies when it comes to the out of the box overclock, there's still enough performance there that we see the card continue to outperform the stock clocked HD 6870.
The Twin Frozr II cooler as always does a fantastic job and it's even better on these mid-range cards that don't generate the same heat as some of the higher end offerings. It means that we're able to get a card that not only runs quietly, but also extremely cool. Just over 50c at load is a fantastic number to be at when it comes to heat.
The MSI offering is indeed an attractive option and while it will no doubt cost slightly more than the set $199 MSRP that NVIDIA have put in place, it shouldn't be much more, and considering the quality and the performance of the card you shouldn't have any problems justifying the price.
It almost seems a little pointless having a model that performs so close to the GTX 560 Ti, but is still a good chunk of change cheaper. No one's going to complain, though, as the real winner out of this is you, the consumer.
NVIDIA have put together a good model in the GTX 560. MSI, though, as always, have put their own style in the card to make sure it stands out from the competition.
Everything we need is included and the Twin Frozr II cooler is, as always, fantastic. If you're a fan of the Twin Frozr II series you'll love this card, even more so due to the price it's coming in at.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI: Gathering Storm - Biggest Civ Expansion yet
- Marvel's Spider-Man: 'Turf Wars' DLC released, new trailer
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The computer always restarts
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6