Street Fighter IV
While Street Fighter IV features models and backgrounds rendered in 3D, the gameplay remains on a traditional 2D plane, with the camera having freedom to move in 3D at certain times during fights, for dramatic effect. Producer Yoshinori Ono has stated that he wanted to keep the game closer to Street Fighter II. A new system called "Focus Attacks" ("Saving Attack" for the Japanese version) has been introduced, as well as Ultra moves. The traditional six-button control scheme returns, with new features and special moves integrated into the input system, mixing classic gameplay with additional innovations.
All the characters and environments in Street Fighter IV are rendered as 3D models with polygons, similar to the Street Fighter EX sub-series Capcom produced with Arika. However, there are a couple of key differences. Art director and character designer Daigo Ikeno, who previously worked on Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, opted for non-photorealistic rendering to give them a hand-drawn look, with visual effects accented in calligraphic strokes, ink smudges and ink sprays during the fights.
No surprises under SF IV with some strong performance that again sees the GTX 560 outperforming the AMD HD 6870.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- First 2 hours of Kojima's Death Stranding confirmed complete
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Trailer shows the challenges of Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Team Jolly Roger Announces launch Date For Real-Time Space-Ballistic Tactics Game 'Worbital'
- Music Card Game Upstart WOWs Top Musicians Worldwide with Their First Product
- Stardock Announces Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution Expansion
- Zerouno Games: Use your two neurons with Bleep Bloop. Launch Trailer Available