The GTX 560 Sonic Platinum from Palit is a strong performing card; I would go as far as to say it performs better than I thought it would. Of course, I knew the card would indeed sit between the GTX 550 Ti and GTX 560 Ti, but I didn't think the model would lean so close to the GTX 560 Ti.
Compared to the HD 6870 the model also continues to pull out the win. Sure, the Palit GTX 560 comes with a strong overclock versus the HD 6870, but it's important to know that NVIDIA partners seem to have a lot more freedom when it comes to launching new mid-range models.
When it comes to price, the GTX 560 will come in at $199 US. Of course, these overclocked ones will come in slightly higher, but even at $209 to $219 US the price to performance ratio is extremely strong on the card. Considering the HD 6870 is around the $199 US mark, the GTX 560 is a very strong performing alternative. The large appeal to the GTX 560, though, is the range of coolers and overclocks you're going to get today which is going to help the model stand out against the competition.
Priced at $30 - $50 cheaper than the GTX 560 Ti with only slightly less performance, this is a really attractive option for people who want to spend around the $200 mark. NVIDIA hope this is the card that users of the 9800 GT will upgrade to, which has been an extremely strong model for NVIDIA.
Not only by going from a 9800 GT to the GTX 560 will you get some really nice extra performance, but you're going to get all those yummy features that have been introduced over the last few generations too.
Getting specific on the Palit version of the card, design wise it's not too unusual to cards other mid-range offerings we've seen from them lately. Connectivity is a little lacking to some of their other cards where they've chosen to implement DisplayPort and multiple DVI ports, but at the right price the connectivity is fine and considering NVIDIA are launching at the $199 US mark, it's a strong offering from both Palit and NVIDIA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019