MSI has put together a really good board that not only looks good, but packs a bunch of features and a great BIOS that has offered us a really strong overclock. Of course, if you're wondering where the pictures of the motherboard and box are, you'll see them in our extensive MSI Z680A-GD80 Preview we did on the board last week.
It's been a decade since I've used an MSI board and they've come an extremely long way in that time. Outside of the bundle and the visual looks of the board, you've got some fantastic features on offer. The Military Class II aspect of the board means extremely high quality components are used while OC Genie II makes overclocking for newbies an absolute breeze.
MSI clearly understand that overclocking can be a bit of a daunting task and messing around in the BIOS continues to scare people. Knowing that all you have to do is push a simple button, though, and you can gain 100s of extra MHz is fantastic. Of course, if you want to jump in the BIOS and really start to mess around, all the options are there.
On the topic of the BIOS, the CLiCKBIOS is a little daunting at first sight for people who have used some of the more standard designed UEFI BIOS, but behind the simplistic layout are all the options you want and need. While initially it offers that user friendly and bright display, if you want to really dive into what's on offer, everything is there.
The MSI Z61A-GD80 offers everything and more users would expect out of a motherboard. It will be extremely interesting to see what the Z68MA-ED55 could offer with its Micro ATX form factor. For now, though, if you're looking for a full sized Z68 board, the MSI offering we've got here today is a fantastic one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit