Disk Drive Controller
The system drive controller is an important part of system performance. In most modern boards your drive controller will run off of the PCI-e bus. The PCI-e bus performance can be affected by poor trace layout as well as many other design choices that show up on different boards.
For testing we use Sisoft's Sandra and Everest.
Hmmm, not sure what to think here. We saw low memory bandwidth, but fairly decent HyperPi scores. Normally we would expect to see good HDD performance to fill in the gap, but that is not the case here. Still, it is a good thing to see the higher number crunching scores.
AIDA64 tells us the same story. The HDD performance is not where we would like to see it. It is not terrible, but we would like to see it better.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Package and Contents]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 10 [Power Usage, Heat Tests and Final Thoughts]