Today we'll be looking at the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 against the Sapphire Pure Black P67 Hydra, Sapphire Pure Black X58 and ASRock X58 Extreme3. Our 1155 socket boards will of course be using our Intel i7 2600k CPU while our X58 1366 socket boards will be using our Intel i7 980x.
Of course, we'll also be comparing the Z68 Extrem4 against itself as we test it in both stock form and overclocked form. In the overclocking department we pushed our multiplier up to 50x and had absolutely no problem booting and getting into Windows at what showed as just under 5GHz.
Firing the BIOS back up, we pushed the BCLK to 102, but we couldn't get the board to boot up again. 101.5 and we could get the board to boot, but it was extremely flakey in Windows while 101 seemed absolutely perfect with our CPU at 1.475v.
As you can see above, that meant we got into Windows at 5050MHz and because of the slight boost in BCLK, our memory went from 1866MHz DDR to 1884MHz DDR. The board was rock solid in all our testing, but you can see there seemed to be a bit of droop as CPU-Z was reporting only 1.416v.
This seems to be the wall we tend to hit with our 2600k, so the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 being able to achieve that with no problem is good news.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today