Today we'll be looking at the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 against the Sapphire Pure Black P67 Hydra, Sapphire Pure Black X58 and ASRock X58 Extreme3. Our 1155 socket boards will of course be using our Intel i7 2600k CPU while our X58 1366 socket boards will be using our Intel i7 980x.
Of course, we'll also be comparing the Z68 Extrem4 against itself as we test it in both stock form and overclocked form. In the overclocking department we pushed our multiplier up to 50x and had absolutely no problem booting and getting into Windows at what showed as just under 5GHz.
Firing the BIOS back up, we pushed the BCLK to 102, but we couldn't get the board to boot up again. 101.5 and we could get the board to boot, but it was extremely flakey in Windows while 101 seemed absolutely perfect with our CPU at 1.475v.
As you can see above, that meant we got into Windows at 5050MHz and because of the slight boost in BCLK, our memory went from 1866MHz DDR to 1884MHz DDR. The board was rock solid in all our testing, but you can see there seemed to be a bit of droop as CPU-Z was reporting only 1.416v.
This seems to be the wall we tend to hit with our 2600k, so the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 being able to achieve that with no problem is good news.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card