Today we'll be looking at the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 against the Sapphire Pure Black P67 Hydra, Sapphire Pure Black X58 and ASRock X58 Extreme3. Our 1155 socket boards will of course be using our Intel i7 2600k CPU while our X58 1366 socket boards will be using our Intel i7 980x.
Of course, we'll also be comparing the Z68 Extrem4 against itself as we test it in both stock form and overclocked form. In the overclocking department we pushed our multiplier up to 50x and had absolutely no problem booting and getting into Windows at what showed as just under 5GHz.
Firing the BIOS back up, we pushed the BCLK to 102, but we couldn't get the board to boot up again. 101.5 and we could get the board to boot, but it was extremely flakey in Windows while 101 seemed absolutely perfect with our CPU at 1.475v.
As you can see above, that meant we got into Windows at 5050MHz and because of the slight boost in BCLK, our memory went from 1866MHz DDR to 1884MHz DDR. The board was rock solid in all our testing, but you can see there seemed to be a bit of droop as CPU-Z was reporting only 1.416v.
This seems to be the wall we tend to hit with our 2600k, so the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 being able to achieve that with no problem is good news.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Quest coming to consoles in 2018, even Switch
- Lyft is officially open for service in Toronto, Canada
- 10 million Nintendo Switches have already been sold
- Google Maps update notifys you to get off at next stop
- Ataribox will open pre-orders this Thursday
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus New 64GB SM-G955UZKAXAA $824
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series