Looking at the card, there nothing too different to some of the other recent MSI cards we've seen that use the Twin Frozr III cooler. It's a good looking cooler and has cooled extremely well in the past when we've looked at it. Hopefully today it helps us achieve a nice overclock on the card.
Taking a quick look around the card, we've got two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors at the top of the card and closer to the front we've got two CrossFire connectors.
Looking at the I/O side of things, we've got a strong setup with two mini DP ports, HDMI along with a Dual and Single-Link DVI connector. It's nice to see that MSI have opted for the stronger I/O line up. More importantly, though, it's great to see that MSI have chosen to include a mini DP to DP connector. It's something that people who use DP monitors are going to want and need and it's just great to see MSI have included it.
Out of the box MSI have pushed the core up to 850MHz from the default 800MHz which is a nice out of the box overclock. MSI have also chosen to overclock the 2GB of GDDR from 5000MHz QDR to 5200MHz QDR which is a nice little overclock.
Of course, being a Power Edition card, we want to overclock and try and achieve higher than these clock speeds. Firing up MSI Afterburner and cranking the sliders up, you can see the clocks we ended up with below.
The core ended up at 965MHz which is a nice overclock from the default 800MHz we see on reference cards and we pushed the memory up another 400MHz QDR to 5600MHz QDR which is again a nice overclock from the default 5000MHz QDR we see on reference cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card & Specification]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit