The OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 240GB
OWC's retail blister back is fairly straight forward and does the job of keeping your drive secure.
No performance data is given, but you do get a clear image of what is inside the package and what is included...just the drive.
The drive itself is an aluminum casing with four screws holding the case together. I've always been fond of the blue color and the beveled edge.
On the back is where you'll find the label with the model and serial number. Capacity is also listed on the back label.
The standard 2.5" form factor mounting locations are present on the side of the drive.
The SATA power and data connections are located where they need to be, so you won't have any trouble installing the Mercury Extreme Pro 6G in your notebook or desktop with the appropriate bracket.
Inside we found a SandForce SF-2281 controller and sixteen Micron Technology flash chips, eight on each side.
In our review of the 120GB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G we talked about the wire soldered across the four capacitors and thought this might later be replaced with a trace on the PCB before the retail drives ship. OWC has told us that the wire is there to stay, at least for now. This doesn't really compromise the quality, but it is a bit odd to see this on a shipping SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit