Inside The Silverstone SST-FT03B Micro ATX Chassis
As with a typical review, I will start by looking into the left side panel. With the square shape of this chassis it is easy to get confused. Things look a bit cramped upon first inspection, but I can see there is a bit of work removing components before I can install anything.
Internally, on the top half, you will install the motherboard on the risers that are pre installed for an m-ATX build. But you can see the middle fan of the FT03 is in my way.
Under that same fan you need to install the slim optical drive, and the PSU slides in under that on the right side. On the left side SilverStone utilized the space to act as a conduit for cool air from under the chassis allowing for the clean exterior.
Looking from the inside at the top of the chassis you can see the four slotted expansion covers and the exhaust fan and wiring, but if you look close in the bottom left corner you will see the bracket for the 80mm or 92mm fan to aid in cooling warm VGA's.
Back around to the front, unlike the lifting motion that releases the side panels, the front is held in with clips. It is much easier if you remove this panel for installation, but it isn't needed to complete the build.
The right side panel removes by lifting it upwards and it falls out of the way, but behind this panel there is a lot going on. Not only can you fit three 3.5" hard drives, there is room for a 2.5" drive as well with an adapter plate. All of the wiring is directed here as well and we will soon see just how much room there is.
With the fans out of the way and the optical drive tray out of the way, the FT03 is looking quite roomy to install an m-ATX motherboard. There is also the plug for the PSU that is lying out; this is because of the unusual PSU installation. You can also see the hole for the PSU fan and the pair of 80mm holes in the floor of the chassis.
With everything out of the way I thought I should return to the motherboard tray now that we can actually see it. Keep in mind you are looking at it as you would see it on the desk top. The motherboard is laid out to exhaust out the top remember.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Silverstone SST-FT03B Micro ATX Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside The Silverstone SST-FT03B Micro ATX Chassis]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [SilverStone "Extras"]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit