With both models priced below $140 US, these last generation high end models slot straight into the super aggressive mid-range segment of this generation from NVIDIA. As for the competition, these cards go against models like the GTX 550 Ti from NVIDIA and actually sit slightly below the new HD 6790 when it comes to price.
Along with those two models in our graphs today, we've also got the more expensive GTX 560 Ti, HD 6850 and previous generation mid-range king from AMD, the HD 5770. It's going to be really interesting to see how these previous high-end models that carry very aggressive price tags now perform against this new crop of mid-range cards.
Let's get started!
3DMark 11 is the latest version of the world's most popular benchmark. Designed to measure your PC's gaming performance 3DMark 11 makes extensive use of all the new features in DirectX 11 including tessellation, compute shaders and multi-threading. Trusted by gamers worldwide to give accurate and unbiased results, 3DMark 11 is the best way to consistently and reliably test DirectX 11 under game-like loads.
Under 3DMark 11 we can see the performance is very strong. The Sapphire HD 5850 Xtreme is actually able to outperform the HD 6850 which comes in at $20 - $30 more. It will be interesting to see how these numbers translate a little later on in our games, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ