Looking at the cards, the design isn't anything out of the ordinary with both coolers being ones we've seen before. As for the sizes of the cards, you can see that the higher end model; the HD 5850 is a fair bit smaller. This is probably the main reason Sapphire are able to opt for a smaller box over the bigger HD 5830.
When it comes to power, both cards are identical with a dual 6-Pin PCI-E setup. The only difference is the location with the larger HD 5830 seeing them on the top of the card while the HD 5850 sees them at the back and slightly separated.
Connectivity between both cards is almost identical with Dual-Link DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort. The only difference is that the HD 5830 uses a mini DisplayPort connector while the HD 5850 uses a full size one.
On the specification front the cards both carry with them the same clock speeds we saw when the models launched. That means the HD 5830 comes in with a core clock of 800MHz while the 1GB of GDDR5 comes in at 4000MHz QDR.
As for the HD 5850, the 1GB of GDDR5 carries the same clock speed as the HD 5830 coming in at 4000MHz QDR, but carries a lower clock than the HD 5830 at 725MHz. Of course, the big advantage the HD 5850 has over the HD 5830 is that it carries more Stream Processors with 1440 versus the HD 5830 which carries only 1120.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 confirmed as next Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance