I'm a huge fan of Sapphire and I really love what they're doing these days in thinking outside the box. Sometimes I feel they're spending a little bit too much time doing this and forgetting about some much loved series like the ATOMIC when it comes to the video card market, but none the less, they've shown us a great X58 motherboard and mini PC.
The P67 Pure Black, though? - I'm just not feeling it like I have many of their other products. Don't get me wrong, it's a good board, but the market is full of good boards. The problem is, the market is also full of great boards and at $229 US the P67 Pure Black doesn't seem as strong as its competitors.
You get this overall feeling that while Sapphire have really got a great grasp on what's happening with the X58 platform, they're still finding their feet with the P67 one. The issue of our network port falling over when we upped the BCLK was a pain and with the X58 Pure Black being such a good overclocking board this just seemed like a really random issue to be present.
A good chunk of the expense on the board would have to be the Lucid integration, but it seems like a lot of marketing jibber jabber, versus a feature that you would really make use of. If you wanted this feature then it's not a bad price at all, but the amount of people who will want it are going to be smaller than the people who don't want it.
We see plenty of great products from Sapphire and we see plenty of great motherboards from other companies. The P67 Pure Black while being a good motherboard, isn't a great one. The fact that Sapphire has shown us something so strong with the X58 Pure Black as well means that the company is more than capable of offering us something killer. They just really need to find their footing in this segment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit