Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Memory: OCZ 512 PC3500 DDR RAM (Supplied by Shop4memory)
Video Card: ATi 9700 Pro (Supplied by ATi)
Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60 GB 7200 RPM
Sound Card: Hercules Game Theatre XP
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATi Catalyst 2.4
Software Used: MadOnion 3DMark 2001 SE, MadOnion PCMark 2002, Quake III Arena, Comanche 4, Serious Sam SE
SiSoft Sandra 2003
In the SiSoft CPU Arithmetic benchmark, the FIC AN19E paired with an Athlon XP 1600+ performs on par with the reference SiSoft setup. It also beats out the Celeron 1.7 GHz and comes quite close to beating a Pentium 4 2GHz.
In the memory aspect of SiSoft, the FIC AN19E performs beats out the Shuttle AK37GTR by not to much.
Under the multimedia aspect, the FIC AN19E beats out the Shuttle AK37GTR again. The margins are not that big though since after all they are both running the same chipset.
MadOnion PC Mark 2002
The FIC AN19E beat out the Shuttle AK37GTR in all three categories. There wasn't much difference between the two boards under the HDD benchmark and the CPU benchmark. The biggest difference out of the three benchmarks was under the memory section.
MadOnion 3DMark 2001 SE
The FIC AN19E beats the AK37GTR in both resolutions under 3DMark 2001 SE. At default resolution it beats the AK37GTR by about 100 points and at 1280x1024 32 it beats the AK37GTR by about 70 points.
Quake III Arena
Quake III arena is an OpenGL based benchmark. The FIC AN19E once again beats the AK37 at both color depths. Although to the human eye, you wouldn't notice a difference since it is only a few FPS.
At 1280x1024 in Quake III, both boards continue to perform close. The FIC AN19E edges out the Shuttle by only a few FPS again.
In Comanche 4 at 1024x768, both boards are able to keep there heads above the 30 FPS level. Although this time it's a different story. The Shuttle AK37GTR edges out the FIC AN19E by a couple 0.5-1 FPS in both color depths.
The same story as far as Comanche 4 goes. The AK37GTR edging out the AN19E by just a notch at both color depths.
Serious Sam SE
At 1024x768, the AN19E edges out the AK37GTR at both color depths. Both boards keep there ground when moving up to a higher color depth.
At 1280x1024, the AN19E wins by a slight margin. No more then 1-2 FPS is the difference between both boards.
The FIC AN19E seems to have beat out the Shuttle AK37 GTR in almost all our tests. It lost by a very low difference in our Comanche 4 benchmark. The reason? We don't know.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III coming to Nintendo Switch
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution